ABC "Teen Perspective" News - January 2010



In the video above, you can watch me (Mikella) anchor ABC's Teen Perspective News. This is the January 2010 show.
I'm a teen reporter for WMAR-ABC 2 News in Maryland. I cover a lot of different local events for ABC including stories on teen unemployment rates, teen volunteers, teen musicians, teen safety and the legendary annual high school football traditions (Poly vs. City and the Turkey Bowl).

In this newscast, we focused on Haiti: the hard facts, and the relief effort going on worldwide and throughout many high schools in Maryland.
My story is on Jack & Jill: An African-American mother's organization that brings children ages 2-19 together. They worked this winter to organize and volunteer at a Hats, Mittens, and Gloves drive in downtown Baltimore for people who are less fortunate.

Look out for more episodes of Teen Perspective news right here on my blog. I'll be adding more episodes.
My co-anchor Jenny, and I had a really good time. She's fun to work with and we both worked really hard.
Follow Me on Twitter for live updates of news: http://twitter.com/mstvanka
Comment and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment