Artist Spotlight: iSH



'iSH' is a talented Canadian recording artist and actor. His debut mixtape 'The Name Is iSH" is out now and he's nowhere close to stopping. He starred in the television series "SOUL" and soon you'll be able to see him on The Family Channel's 'BAXTER'.
For all the horror movie fans, you guys will also be able to see him play 'Alex' in the upcoming 'Saw VII' 3D.
I recently had the chance to interview him with five quick questions.
Here is what he had to say:

MsTVAnkA’s Five Questions:

MsTVAnkA: Which do you like more: acting or making music?

iSH: I can't say I prefer one over the other. I love them both for different reasons. What I love about acting is being able to be someone else. I love exploring a character and getting to do things i'd never do in real life. The great thing about music is it's all on my own terms, I dont have to audition or anything to do it. Making music allows me to express myself and the way i'm feeling at any given moment. So i love them both!


MsTVAnkA: What was it like working alongside Keshia Chante in “SOUL” ?
iSH: Oh it was great, we hit it off right away. I played her brother in the show and we really became like siblings during that time, you know always teasing and cracking jokes. She's still like my lil sis now. I believe she made me her honorary brother "iSH Chante" or something haha. The whole cast became like one big family and we all keep in touch.

MsTVAnkA: What can we expect from you in 2010?
iSH: Alot, i'm happy to be really busy rightnow. I just released my debut mixtape titled "The Name is iSH" which has gotten a great response so far. Plus I'm finishing up my first album and we are about to release the lead single to radio, it's called "Priceless" and you can actually hear it first at www.ishmusic.ca .
On the acting front, I just filmed a new series called Baxter which airs on the Family Channel at 10:00 am on saturdays and sundays and you can catch me in the feature film "SAW VII" 3D.

MsTVAnkA: If you had the chance to work with any one artist, who would you choose?
iSH: That's an easy one for me...Stevie Wonder. I think he is a genious. I had been wanting to see him play live for awhile now and finally got to about a year ago, it was the best show i've seen.

MsTVAnkA: What are the top five songs that have been playing on your iPod lately?
iSH:
1. Bruno Mars - Count on Me
2. Kanye West - Power
3. Daniel Merriweather - Ciggarettes
4. Collie Buddz - Come Down
5. Plan B - She Said

iSH's debut mixtape, 'The Name is iSH' is available at http://ishmusic.bandcamp.com/.
To see and hear more of iSH go to www.ishmusic.ca AND...
You can follow him on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TheNameIsIsh

-Mikella

0 comments:

Post a Comment