Quote #2: Drake - "Overdose on Life"


"I used to cut the porch lights on, and now I cut the porch lights on just to let 'em know their foresight's wrong."

Foresight is a funny thing. I think Drake has a thing for going against people's expectations.
I, for one thought the "Best I Ever Had" video was hilarious, because it goes against the cliche music video where the guy walks along with his girl tell her how she's (allegedly) the best he's ever had. Drake made it funny & he also got to act in the video. A lot of people didn't like it though, because it wasn't the cliche stuff they expected.
The same thing happened with the "Find Your Love" video. A lot of generic people expected it to have shots of Drake & his love interest running through fields of summer sunshine falling in love lol. This didn't happen. Instead Drake expressed a message. I think it was a cool, grim idea.
Whatever it is, I think Drake likes to be unpredictable, keep people on the edge of their seat, & say what he wants to say with his music. With basically each new release, he lets the public know their foresight is wrong.
Enjoy "Overdose on Life" below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment